The legal sector is at significant and growing risk of cybercrime which can include email interception, phishing scams and fraudulent alterations to bank details.
At Hatchers we take cyber security very seriously and protecting our clients is a priority.
In order to help reduce the risk of a cybercrime attack please be vigilant and exercise caution in relation to any type of unexpected or unusual communication, in particular those suggesting that our bank details have changed.
Please note that we will never:
- Change our bank details during the course of your transaction;
- Notify you of important changes to business information (such as our bank details) by email;
- Use email to ask our clients for bank details or to transfer money to our account.
If you have provided us with your email address for correspondence during the course of your matter, we will assume that you have taken measures to ensure the emails are secure and confidential.
If you inform us that your email address has changed, we will contact you by phone to verify this with you. In doing so, we may need to ask you security questions (such as your matter reference, your full name and the nature of your transaction) to ensure that the instruction has come directly from you.
If you become aware of or suspect any type of suspicious activity or security issue with your email address or are in any doubt as to the authenticity of any communication from us please speak to the person dealing with your matter without delay.
Transferring funds to Hatchers account
It is your responsibility to check with us that you are using the correct bank details before sending payments to us by following the procedure below:
- Contact our Finance Team on: 01743 237507 and gave your matter reference to hand;
- Our Finance Team will ask you to confirm the following:
- – Matter reference
- – Your full name
- – Nature of the transaction we are undertaking on your behalf
- Once these details have been verified our Finance Team will confirm our bank details.
Please note that we will not accept liability for any loss incurred if funds are sent to an incorrect account.