Career Opportunities at Hatchers
Hatchers is one of Shropshire’s fastest-growing and most dynamic legal firms, with a broad practice serving both private clients and businesses. Our success is built on our expertise and excellent client care.
We aim to recruit the very best people for the right jobs, who will help the continued development of the practice. We value our staff, and offer them every opportunity to fulfil their potential through structured career paths and established appraisal frameworks. Continuous development of skills and performance is positively encouraged. We will ensure that you have the relevant training and support to achieve the best results for our clients, the firm and yourself. We are accredited Investors in People and are an Equal Opportunities employer.
Hatchers are always pleased to hear from experienced people wishing to join our firm. Specific opportunities will appear in the press and on this site from time to time.
The following vacancy has arisen at our Shrewsbury town centre office:
Commercial Property Team
An opportunity has arisen to join our well established Commercial Property Team to provide support with a wide range of transactional work varying in scale and complexity.
This role would suit a newly qualified solicitor, Legal Executive or Paralegal with at least 1 year’s previous experience in a Commercial or Residential role, ideally with knowledge of leasehold and freehold acquisitions and commercial leases.
Typical duties will include:
- Provision of transactional support for Partners and Solicitors within the team,
- Liaising with clients and other solicitors, providing updates and building rapport
- Provision of general assistance with property searches and investigation on title.
- Dealing with Land Registry and Companies House
- Assisting with ‘exchange’ and ‘completion’ together with post completion work and registrations
- File opening, archiving and billing
- Provision of administrative support as required (research, photocopying, scanning)
We are seeking a candidate who can demonstrate:
- The ability to work efficiently and effectively, often under pressure, within a busy team setting.
- Strong organisation skills and the ability to prioritise workload in order complete daily tasks to sometimes restrictive deadlines
- Strong communication skill, both written and oral.
- A self-motivated, proactive and flexible attitude to their work
- Strong IT skills, in particular Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel. Experience of using a legal Case Management System would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Willingness to be involved in marketing and networking activities to build client base
We are looking for someone who is keen to develop their career within the Commercial Property sector, building strong relationships with our clients and helping to nurture new contacts. With this in mind, the role would not be suitable for someone looking to secure a training contract in the short term.
The successful candidate will benefit from:
- Joining a supportive and well established team with many year’s Commercial Property experience.
- Excellent opportunities for training to develop your knowledge
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Modern town centre offices and allocated car park space.
To apply please email Emma Cross HR and Marketing Administrator firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack or further details.
Applications to be received no later than Thursday 31st October 2019.
Please note we are not accepting Agency applications at this stage.
Unfortunately we are no longer taking applications for work experience or training contracts during 2019.
Hatchers are committed to eliminating discrimination and promoting equality and diversity at all times.