Career Opportunities at Hatchers
Hatchers is one of Shropshire’s fastest-growing and most dynamic legal firms, with a broad practice serving both private clients and businesses. Our success is built on our expertise and excellent client care.
We aim to recruit the very best people for the right jobs, who will help the continued development of the practice. We value our staff, and offer them every opportunity to fulfil their potential through structured career paths and established appraisal frameworks. Continuous development of skills and performance is positively encouraged. We will ensure that you have the relevant training and support to achieve the best results for our clients, the firm and yourself. We are accredited Investors in People and are an Equal Opportunities employer.
Hatchers are always pleased to hear from experienced people wishing to join our firm. Specific opportunities will appear in the press and on this site from time to time. For current vacancies see below.
Commercial Property Paralegal/ILEX – Full Time
An opportunity has arisen to join our well established Commercial Property team to provide support with a wide range of transactional work varying in scale and complexity. We are seeking a Paralegal or ILEX with a minimum of 1 year’s previous experience in a Commercial or Residential role, ideally with knowledge of leasehold and freehold acquisitions and commercial leases.
Typical duties will include:
· Provision of transactional support for Partners and Solicitors within the team
· Liaising with clients and other solicitors, providing updates and building rapport
· Provision of general assistance with property searches and investigation on title
· Dealing with Land Registry and Companies House
· Assisting with ‘exchange’ and ‘completion’ together with post completion work and registrations
· File opening, archiving and billing
· Provision of administrative support as required (research, photocopying, scanning)
We are seeking a candidate who can demonstrate:
· The ability to work efficiently and effectively, often under pressure, within a busy team setting
· Strong organisation skills and the ability to prioritise workload in order to complete daily tasks to sometimes restrictive deadlines
· Strong communication skills, both written and oral
· A self-motivated, proactive and flexible attitude to work
· Strong IT skills, in particular Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel. Experience of using a legal Case Management System would be an advantage but is not essential.
· Strong analytical and research skills
· Willingness to be involved in marketing and networking activities to build client base
We are looking for someone who is keen to develop their career within the Commercial Property sector, building strong relationships with our clients and helping to nurture new contacts. With this in mind, the role would not be suitable for someone looking to secure a training contract in the short term.
The successful candidate will benefit from:
· Joining a supportive and well established team with many years’ Commercial Property experience
· Excellent opportunities for training to develop your knowledge
· Salary commensurate with experience
· Modern town centre offices
To apply please download and complete the application pack or contact Emma Jones, HR Adviser for further details.
Applications to be received no later than Friday 10th November 2017.
If you would like to apply to any of the positions advertised, please download the forms below and send them completed to Emma Jones, either by post or email:Download application form Download equal opportunities form
Hatchers Solicitors LLP
If you are thinking about a career in law there is no better way to gain an insight than with a work experience placement.
A work experience placement is the ideal way to test whether or not a career in law is for you and in today’s competitive job market, a placement at a forward thinking and consumer friendly firm such as Hatchers is bound to enhance your CV. We aim to provide our work experience students with varied placements that provide a taster of life within a busy town centre legal practice.
Placements are available for students who are:
- Currently in further or higher education
- Post graduate level or looking for a change of career
- Unfortunately we are unable to offer placements to secondary school students.
- A placement will usually last 1 or 2 weeks and will take place at our town centre office.
We aim to tailor our work experience placement to the level of the individual and so you may be involved in:
- Shadowing fee earners
- Attending courts and sitting in on client meetings
- Drafting documents
- Legal research
- We also offer the opportunity for work experience students to spend time with our Finance, Administration and Marketing Teams to gain insight into how they support the day to day running of the firm
In some situations we may be able to offer a longer term work experience placement
How to apply
We aim to offer placements throughout the year but the number of available placements depends purely on the availability of an appropriate supervisor.
If you would like to enquire about the availability of a placement please send your CV with a covering letter to Emma Jones at Recruitment, Welsh Bridge, 1 Frankwell, Shrewsbury, Shropshire SY3 8JY, explaining the type of work experience you are looking for, the duration and the dates you are available. If we are able to accommodate your request we will write to you and invite you to come into the office for a short visit before your placement begins.
Hatchers are committed to eliminating discrimination and promoting equality and diversity at all times.